Thursday, May 01, 2008

Riding the Coastal Highway

I prefer the coastal highway for my weekend home trips these days, as the construction work for making the Kochi - Thrissur highway four lane is at its peak.

I go through Edappally- Paravur- Kodungallur- Chavakad- Ponnani- Kottakkal- Malappuram route. This route is devoid of trucks and offers good sights and experiences in between. Chavakad has a nice beach where fishermen lands in their boats with fresh lots of fish which are then put on display on the shores for bidding. The route get more scenic at Ponnani and the jangar ride across the estuary is an interesting experience. It costs just Rs.25 for a car and its travelers to get a place in the jangar. I usually spend some time at the roadside shops for tea breaks and chit chats with the local people.

Below are some photos I took during one such drive along the coastal highway:










No comments:

Post a Comment